Dear Colleagues, We are pleased to inform you about the opening of the 5th Call for the Short-Term Scientific Missions (STSMs) funded by the COST action European Network for Innovative and Advanced Epitaxy (CA20116 – OPERA).
This 5th call will fund STSMs taking place from 15 April to 15 July 2023. The deadline for the submission of proposals is 15 February and the decision will be communicated to the applicants on 15 March by e-mail.
Detailed information about the STSM program can be found in the document OPERA-CA20116_STM Rules_5th_Call. We kindly recommend all applicants to carefully read this document, which explains the STSM objectives, who is eligible, the organizational and financial aspects, and the evaluation procedure as this is a competitive call. Attached to this email you will also find the maximum daily allowance that you can apply for depending on the host country (OPERA_daily allowance.pdf).
HOW TO APPLY:
The applications must be exclusively submitted through the e-cost platform. Besides filling the information requested online, you will have to submit (upload) the 5 mandatory documents described in the “OPERA-CA20116_STSM Rules_5th_Call” document. These 5 documents are:
1. STSM application form. You must use the downloadable template available at the e-cost platform. For your convenience, you can download the document here (“STSM-application”).
2. Confirmation letter of the host on the agreement from the host institution in receiving the applicant. This letter, issued by the host institution, should confirm the acceptance of the applicant by the host institution to carry out the proposed STSM. The letter must also indicate who the senior researcher in charge of the applicant at the host institution will be. Such a senior researcher will be appointed as tutor of the applicant for reporting purposes. This letter can also indicate the mutual benefit of the STSM from the point of view of the host institution. We encourage applicants to use the template “Host institution welcome letter”.
3. A letter of support from the home Institution. This letter can also explain the mutual benefit of the STSM from the point of view of the home institution. There is no template for this document.
4. A full C.V. limited to 2 pages using the Europass template including: date of birth; current position: e.g. PhD student, Post Doc (specify date of PhD award), Assistant Professor, Employee, Research fellow…, the number of years since obtaining PhD Degree, where applicable, a list of academic publications. CV Europass template.
5. Extended STSM application form. This document is similar to the STSM application form described above but contains further information necessary for the reviewing process. Besides providing here detailed budget and travel plans, you are also asked to provide an extended scientific workplan (max 2 pages, including motivation) to properly describe the state of the art, the methods and the objectives. The workplan should highlight the expected added value (including training benefits and know-how transfer) of the STSM for you as well as for the host and home institutions. The STSM duration has to justify within the work plan section too. (You must use the template “Extended STSM-application”)
Importantly, after the STSM, all STSM grantees will have to submit a scientific report using the template “STSM-report” (also available at the e-COST platform) on the given time for the respective call (see “OPERA-CA20116_STSM Rules_5th_Call” document). We are looking forward to receiving your application.
OPERA STSM team